Audition for the Collegium Musicum
Auditions to join us for the 2013-2014 season have concluded. Here you can read about the audition process. Our next auditions will be held in August.--> We welcome any ut student who is interested in choral singing to audition for the Collegium Musicum. Auditions are held at the beginning of each semester. The audition, which lasts ten minutes, consists of:
- Some range and vocalization exercises.
- A brief sight-singing exam. Please note that you must be able to read music for your audition to be considered.
- Optional: A song or excerpt from a song, about two minutes in length, from any genre. Auditionees sing their songs a cappella, and do not need to memorize them.
How to sign up for an auditionAuditions are scheduled in ten-minute slots over the course of a few days. Time slots are claimed on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may sign up by:
- Signing up with the link above (only available when auditions are open).
- Attending our info session, which is held prior to auditions at the beginning of each semester;
- Visiting us at the major extracurricular fairs (Start Fresh, Party on the Plaza, and the Graduate Student Alliance fair);
- Emailing us, with a set of desired times, up through the day before auditions begin. Please provide all times you are available in your email;
- Signing up outside the audition room during auditions (the sign-up sheet will be posted). "Walk-ins" may sign up for any available slot.